Your water, sewer, stormwater, and sanitation bill comes in two parts--the bill stub and the itemized bill detail. The bill stub outlines the basics of your bill and is returned with your payment. The itemized detail is for your records. It shows how much water was used during the billing period. This allows you to track your water usage. The Water Department charges you per unit, which is equal to 100 Cubic Feet or 748 gallons.
Return This Portion With Your Payment:
1. Account # -- Write this on your check and use it when you are calling about your bill.
2. Customer -- shows the name of the account holder and person responsible for charges on the account.
3. Service Location -- the actual address where we are providing service.
4. Due Date -- the date your current charges need to reach our office to avoid a late charge. Payment needs to be posted to your account by 5:00 P.M. on the due date to be considered "on time".
5. Pay This Amount After Due Date -- the amount due with late charges included.
Itemized Bill Detail:
A. Previous Balance-This is the balance before the current charge. This amount must be paid before the cut-off date to prevent interruption of services. This is not the same date as the Due Date on your current bill.
B. Payments Received-This is the amount of the last payment posted to your account.
C. Adjustments-This amount is the total of adjustments made to your account this bill period. This would include initiation of service fees, late fees, after hours fees, additional trip fees, cutoff/turn on fees, lock/unlock fees, removal/reset meter fees, tampering fees, damage to equipment fees, meter replacement fees, testing of meter fees, or insufficient check fees
D. Current Charges-This is the total for current charges. This is the amount due by the Due Date on this current bill.
E. Total Amount Due-The balance of the account at the time of printing the bill.
F. "Bill From" & "Bill To"-These dates are the dates that the meter was read.
G. Usage-This stands for consumption or the number of units that your account has been charged during the billing period. "Previous" stands for the previous meter reading. "Present" stands for the current meter reading.