Security/Information Clerk Receptionist
CLASS TITLE: Security/Information Clerk Receptionist
PURPOSE OF THE CLASSIFICATION:
Under general supervision, is responsible for routine repetitive work in the operation of a telephone switchboard and performs related work as required.
Operates telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls and provides information as necessary and required.
- Answers basic questions regarding utility accounts, including account numbers, balances and due dates.
- Serves as initial point of contact for all visitors at City Hall; greets persons entering information area and determines nature and purpose of visit.
- Signs visitors in and out of the building, enforces access control procedures and ensures visitors arrive at their intended destination or alerts the appropriate parties of their arrival.
- Maintains visitor logbooks and issues guest ID cards as appropriate.
- Monitors building security cameras and traffic in and out of the building.
- Provides non-technical information regarding the work of departments and concerning the location of offices and employees.
- Receives mail from post office and distributes to appropriate departments.
- Opens and posts all mail payments for utility bills; reconciles daily receipts.
- Prepares all outgoing municipal mail and maintains accurate records on departmental postage.
- Refers utility customers to customer service personnel in cases of account inquiries.
- Will cross-train in one or more areas of department functions and will float to different positions as needed within Revenue Division.
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers and phone systems and uses computer for spreadsheets, word processing, database management and other applications; learns to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Performs other work as necessary and or as assigned.
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
The Security/Information Clerk Receptionist reports directly to the Utility Revenue Manager.
The Security/Information Clerk Receptionist does not have any direct reports or supervisory responsibilities.
Training and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent supplement by at least one (1) year of general office experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Good knowledge of the methods of operation of manual and semi-automatic switchboards; ability to operate a complicated switchboard under stress with accuracy and in a calm and efficient manner; ability to greet visitors and answer calls and questions with a clear, well modulated and pleasant voice and to use good grammatical construction in choice of words; ability to remember within a reasonable period of training time the names, locations and functions of the offices and personnel served by the boards; ability to understand emergency and essential operations involving the use of the switchboard and to react quickly in the prompt placing and receiving of calls; ability to remain calm in stressful situations; ability to multi-task and quickly adapt in a fast paced environment.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, arm and hand steadiness and finger dexterity will be needed enough to use a key board and telephone. Prolonged sitting and standing is required. Occasional lifting and carrying of objects up to five (5) pounds, balancing, standing, bending, handling, climbing, twisting, kneeling and repetitive movements. Occasional lifting and carrying up to ten (10) pounds. Vision, speech, hearing, speaking and feeling sufficient to perform essential tasks. Punctuality and reasonable attendance is essential. Must submit to drug screening and fitness to work physical exam.
Licenses and Certificates: Possession of a valid Oklahoma Class D driver’s license is required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work in this classification is primarily indoors in an office environment. Will travel to other City locations as required.
STARTING PAY: $10.79/hr. Excellent employee benefits (insurance, vacation leave, sick leave, retirement, holidays).
WORK HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
WORK LOCATION: City of Muskogee City Clerk’s Office, Revenue Division, 229 West Okmulgee Street, Muskogee, Oklahoma.
RESUMES MAY BE SUBMITTED BUT WE REQUIRE THAT OUR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED ALSO. The employment application can be found on our website: http://www.cityofmuskogee.com. Just click on “Menu” at the top left side of the page (in the green bar), then under that go to “Departments” and click on “Human Resources”, then click on “Links and Downloads” on the left hand side of the page, then click on “Applications” (toward the bottom of the page), then click on “Employment Application” (print and fill out) or “Fillable Employment Application” (fill out online), or one can be faxed, emailed, or mailed to you or you can pick one up from the City of Muskogee Human Resources Department at 229 West Okmulgee Street (the three story red brick building (Muskogee Municipal Building) at the southeast corner of 3rd and Okmulgee Streets). The Human Resources Department is located on the First Floor, Room 102. Applications can be returned to the same address or by mail: City of Muskogee, Human Resources Department, P. O. Box 1927, Muskogee, OK 74402-1927; by fax: 918-684-6223; or by email: email@example.com. If you should have any questions, please call the Human Resources Department at 918-684-6221 or inquire in person at the address above or fax or email (above).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, June 26, 2018.
Deadline for Applying : Jun 26, 2018