Facilities Maintenance Worker III
CLASS TITLE: Facilities Maintenance Worker III
PURPOSE OF THE CLASSIFICATION:
Acts as a working lead person in performing a variety of unskilled, semiskilled and skilled tasks; performs as a member of a work group or oversees workers on individual job assignments engaged in planned or scheduled general maintenance or renovation activities involving City facilities, and other related assigned duties.
- Performs routine maintenance on all electrical equipment and oversees the repair and upkeep of all boilers, air conditioners, air handlers, ice machines, elevators, folding doors, lighting, plumbing and concession equipment.
- Performs building maintenance to include plumbing and lighting, painting, ventilation, sound systems and minor heating/air conditioning repair.
- Oversees and performs setup and takedown of tables, displays, flooring and seating for meetings and events including pre-and post-event cleaning.
- Operates equipment associated with building maintenance including hand and power tools, buffers, vacuums, etc.
- Maintains a working book on all scheduled events with layouts for each room per event. Informs Manager and Maintenance Workers of layouts of weekend events or other necessary changes to the equipment in the building.
- Maintains fire equipment and hazardous materials manuals and maintains annual inspections.
- Orders all janitorial and building supplies and concession supplies and keeps adequate stock on-hand.
- Maintains stockrooms in orderly fashion.
- Maintains a regular deep cleaning schedule for City facilities on a yearly basis.
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers and phone systems and uses computer for spreadsheet, word processing, database management and other applications; learns to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Performs other tasks peculiar to department as assigned.
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
The Facilities Maintenance Worker III reports directly to the Facilities Maintenance Manager.
The Facilities Maintenance Worker III oversees the Facilities Maintenance Worker I positions and any seasonal, inmate and community service workers.
Training and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of experience as a trades helper or maintenance laborer in any of the construction and maintenance trades with at least one (1) year of experience leading and coordinating or providing general crew oversight or supervision required. Preference will be given to those with experience involving the operation of light to medium construction equipment.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Good knowledge of manual labor work practices, methods, tools and materials of varied semiskilled general maintenance work; good knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the work; mechanical maintenance procedures; safe and efficient operation of equipment; safe work practices; supervisory principles and practices. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions; lead a crew involved in the maintenance of a public facility; operate equipment and make minor mechanical repairs to equipment; read maps and other documents necessary to locate interment locations; perform physical labor; effectively deal with the public; provide effective customer service; and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Requires the ability to courteously and tactfully communicate with fellow workers, supervisors, other members of the organization and the public in giving and receiving information. Skilled in the operation of hand and power tools necessary to complete maintenance tasks.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include frequent walking and standing; frequent lifting over 60 pounds; occasional carrying of objects weighing over 60 pounds; constant reaching and handling; occasional balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling and climbing; vision, speech and hearing sufficient to perform essential tasks. Punctuality and reasonable attendance is essential. Must submit to drug screening and fitness to work physical exam.
Licenses and Certificates: Possession of a valid Oklahoma Class D driver’s license is required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work in this classification is primarily indoors. Will travel to other City locations as required. Requires ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
STARTING PAY: $12.09/hr. Excellent employee benefits (insurance, vacation leave, sick leave, retirement, holidays).
WORK HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Requires ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
WORK LOCATION: City of Muskogee City Manager’s Office/Assistant City Manager, Facilities Maintenance Division, 1401 South B Street, Muskogee, Oklahoma.
RESUMES MAY BE SUBMITTED BUT WE REQUIRE THAT OUR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED ALSO. The employment application can be found on our website: http://www.cityofmuskogee.com. Just click on “Menu” at the top left side of the page (in the green bar), then under that go to “Departments” & click on “Human Resources”, then click on “Links and Downloads” on the left hand side of the page, then click on “Applications” (toward the bottom of the page), then click on “Employment Application” (print and fill out) or “Fillable Employment Application” (fill out online), or one can be faxed, emailed, or mailed to you or you can pick one up from the City of Muskogee Human Resources Department at 229 West Okmulgee Street (the three story red brick building (Muskogee Municipal Building) at the southeast corner of 3rd and Okmulgee Streets). The Human Resources Department is located on the First Floor, Room 102. Applications can be returned to the same address or by mail: City of Muskogee, Human Resources Department, P. O. Box 1927, Muskogee, OK 74402-1927; by fax: 918-684-6223; or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you should have any questions, please call the Human Resources Department at 918-684-6221 or inquire in person at the address above or fax or email (above).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: There is no deadline for applications for this position – it will be open until filled.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled