Desktop Support Specialist
CLASS TITLE: Desktop Support Specialist
PURPOSE OF THE CLASSIFICATION:
Performs various support duties within the Information Technology Department.
- Maintains the integrity of data in midrange (CentralSquare) applications by working with relevant departments to clean up existing databases, imports county land records, and works with exception reports to maintain the integrity of the data.
- Works with county offices to keep city and county data accurate and synchronized with each other.
- Works with Query tools (AS/400 Query and Q-Rep) to develop reports.
- Assists in maintaining data integrity in other applications such as Firehouse, Incode, Manager Plus and other similar applications.
- Maintains and administers basic functions on the City’s Microsoft platform.
- Provides hardware and software support for all workstations, printers and any equipment attached to workstations.
- Provides support for network troubleshooting and repair.
- Provides software support for all Microsoft Office and other PC-based applications.
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers and phone systems and uses computer for spreadsheets, word processing, database management and other applications; learns to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Records and broadcasts Committee and City Council meetings.
- Performs other work as necessary and or as assigned.
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
The Desktop Support Specialist reports directly to the Director of Information Services.
The Desktop Support Specialist does not have any direct reports or supervisory responsibilities.
Training and Experience: Graduation from high school or equivalent. Minimum of two years’ experience in a technical or database support position. Preference will be given to applicants with experience using land/parcel management applications and/or Central Square Naviline applications.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Knowledge of land/parcel management applications and/or Central Square Naviline applications is a plus. Competent knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems. Requires the ability to work well with others both inside the City offices and outside (County, etc.) to help maintain the integrity of imported data. Must be a self-starter, be able to remain on task without constant supervision,and be very detail and customer service oriented.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, arm and hand steadiness and finger dexterity enough to operate personal computers and workstations at long intervals is required. Occasional lifting/moving of paper and computers up to fifty (50) pounds will be necessary. Vision, speech and hearing to perform essential tasks is imperative. Punctuality and reasonable attendance is essential. Must submit to drug screening and fitness to work physical exam.
Licenses and Certificates: Possession of a valid Oklahoma Class D driver’s license is required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work in this classification is primarily indoors in an office environment. Will travel to other City locations as required. Requires some night and weekend work with ability to work on-call.
Notice: This classification is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the United States Department of Transportation drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. As a “safety sensitive” classification, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
STARTING PAY: $13.75/hr. - $19.93/hr. Excellent employee benefits (insurance, vacation leave, sick leave, retirement, holidays).
WORK HOURS: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Requires some night and weekend work with ability to work on-call.
WORK LOCATION: City of Muskogee Information Technology Department, 229 West Okmulgee Avenue., Muskogee, Oklahoma.
RESUMES MAY BE SUBMITTED BUT WE REQUIRE THAT OUR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED ALSO. The employment application can be found on our website: http://www.cityofmuskogee.com. Just click on “Departments” (in the green bar toward the top of the page), then click on “Human Resources” (on the left side of the page), then click on “Links and Downloads” (on the left side of the page), then click on “Applications” (toward the bottom of the page), then click on “City of Muskogee Employment Application” (you can be print and fill out), or one can be faxed, emailed or mailed to you or you can pick one up from the City of Muskogee Human Resources Department at 229 West Okmulgee Street (the three story red brick building (Muskogee Municipal Building) at the southeast corner of 3rd and Okmulgee Streets). The Human Resources Department is located on the First Floor, Room 102. Applications can be returned to the same address or by mail: City of Muskogee, Human Resources Department, P. O. Box 1927, Muskogee, OK 74402-1927; by fax: 918-684-6223; or by email: email@example.com. If you should have any questions, please call the Human Resources Department at 918-684-6221 or inquire in person at the address above or fax or email (above).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: There is no deadline for applications for this position – it will be open until filled.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled